I have to admit, I used to be a canned pasta sauce person. It’s easy and relatively cheap. It wasn’t until I started trying to eat less sugar and oil that I started making my own. I’ve definitely had a few trial and errors. Shout out to my husband for roughing it through too sweet and then too spicy pasta….but we are now in the clear! Once you taste this slower cooked sauce you’ll become a believer as well. It’s easy and only takes few minutes of prep. And after an hour of warming in the crock pot your house will smell like an Italian restaurant. Look at that…pasta perfection!
- 1 24 oz of canned strained tomatoes
- 1 Tbs coconut sugar (or more if you like your sauce sweet. I prefer the dominant spices to be salt and garlic)
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 1 Tbs basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs salt
- 3-5 cloves of garlic minced (depending on your love for garlic)
- 1/4 Tbs sea kelp delight (for nutrition)
- (A splash of red wine if you’re so inclined)
Place canned strained tomato sauce and all spices in crock pot. Stir and cover. Turn crock pot to low and let cook for two hours, stirring occasionally. You’re yummy spaghetti sauce is now ready to top your favorite noodles. Just remove bay leaves and serve. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours